In this second batch of kid’s drawings of Honda’s humanoid robot ASIMO, they get inventive. Originally I planned to go into this thing in full-on mockery mode but I just can’t – these are simply too awesome. So without further ado, let’s dive right in. If for some reason you happened to miss the first installment, check it out here.
31. Someone stuck a pin in him, and now ASIMO is deflating.
32. An artist emotionally unhinged, after having to bid farewell to his robotic companion.
33. This Knight-like ASIMO wields a light saber and arm cannon, with sniper scope and antennae attached to his head. But perhaps of all the additions, most notable are his new toes!
34. Part Bumblebee, part WALL-E, this Caterpillar ASIMO looks like he means business.
35. ASIMO teaches us the value of the metric system. Damn Americans! Convert already!
36. A happy domestic scene in which ASIMO takes on a distinctly female appearance, seen wearing a dress while watering some flowers.
37. ASIMO is shocked to learn of his new transformation ability, granted by this young artist, which he discovers only at the point of take-off.
38. Similar to #38, Super ASIMO has a pair of wings and is about to take off. The artist made sure to add ASIMO’s big saucer-like eyes where they belong, too.
39. ASIMO’s vast computerized brain comes to the rescue of this student, who doesn’t want to do a math quiz.
40. This “Super Robot” has more in common with a preschool Dracula than Honda’s humanoid. Love the green pants.
41. ASIMO is fat, but in a good way, like Jolly Saint Nick.
42. ASIMO is the devil. But wait, later on he’ll be saved.
43. ASIMO’s dream of becoming a real boy is finally realized. Wait, wrong story!
44. ASIMO offers a happy greeting in this remarkably accurate depiction of the robot (in the Japanese tradition, the sun is depicted as red). Interesting how ASIMO is so realistic yet the other elements are not.
45. ASIMO finds religion?
46. C3PO is distracted by a pair of fashionable cat/bunny ears.
47. This will be worth money someday, when the artist becomes a world famous comic artist. I think “Rescue ASIMO” ought to be the new mascot for the Red Cross. Don’t you? Fantastic work.
48. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. You can tell she was sitting next to #45, who is probably her BFF.
49. I don’t know what she’s looking for, but ASIMO is dutifully helping her.
50. Is it just me, or does ASIMO look like a mischievous little bugger? Do I smell primetime sitcom?
51. Little did anyone know that ASIMO’s battery backpack actually contained fairy wings. Also, look at how detailed and accurate his hand is – that’s incredible!
52. Cross-dresser ASIMO has legs to die for. But seriously, it’s interesting how humans of all ages arbitrarily assign gender to a robot.
53. ASIMO’s legs have become disconnected at the knees, revealing rockets which allow him to deliver the mail faster than you can say “utility belt”!
54. HOLY CRAP. I told you these were good, but you didn’t believe me, did you? Here’s another sprouting mecha designer. I knew I should have expected this from Japanese kids, but damn this kid can draw better than me!
55. ASIMO is drawn as a lumbering buffoon with a cinder block for a head. Ouch. Better work on that A.I., Honda.
56. Poor ASIMO’s arms have been run over by a steamroller. But we can rebuild him. We have the technology.
57. ASIMO is to Adam as ASIMI is to Eve. Hey, even a robot’s got to have love in his life. And a dog/cat(?).
58. “I met ASIMO, and all I got was this stinkin’ t-shirt!”
59. A delightful Doraemon / ASIMO mash up.
60. ASIMO 2 P3 Version. Apparently this kid likes ASIMO pretty much the way he is, but would have kept the Honda P3′s (third prototype’s) bigger arms. Those poor Honda engineers just can’t win!
61. ASIMO’s face shield provides the perfect cover for an earlier, unwanted message.
62. This kid wasn’t impressed by the state-of-the-art robot, and suggests they bring him an alien next time.
63. JAZZ HANDS!
64. I’m not entirely sure what has happened to ASIMO, but I still think it’s pretty darn cute.
65. Try as he might, ASIMO is simply no match for Doraemon (apparently).
Well, that about wraps up our look at Children’s Drawings of ASIMO. Hope you had fun. Feel free to add your own captions in the comments!